- Key Trends in Treasury in Vietnam
and How Banks Can Support the Development of Derivatives Markets
Vietnamese financial markets have undergone significant changes during the past few years. Local regulators have encouraged banks to develop new derivatives markets, but at the same time they have introduced many rules that make the transition challenging. To thrive in this new environment, bank treasurers need to find solutions that support healthy derivatives markets while still allowing for regulatory compliance.
Key Topics include:
- What are the challenges when new products are being introduced in the derivatives markets?
- How does market data (or lack of it) impact the development of the derivatives markets?
- How will Global initiatives like the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) impact market risk practices in Vietnam in the medium term?
- What are the biggest challenges for Vietnamese treasury departments in 2016?
- How can banks prepare themselves to support new derivative products?