Choosing the right model for non-cleared OTC margining (On Demand)
October 4, 2018 (1 hour)
Webinar hosted by Risk.net and sponsored by Calypso. Speakers include Sophie Marnhier-Foy. In this webinar participants will learn:
- What differentiates the various margin models
- How to choose one that is right for you
- What buy side-firms need to do in order to reduce their margin costs
- What challenges and uncertainties still remain
APAC Regulatory Spotlight: BCBS-IOSCO compliance– where are we now and what are the next steps? Featuring discussion with ISDA. (On Demand)
June 20, 2018 (1 hour)
Before 2008, only ETD transactions were subject to initial margin. After the 2008 financial crisis, with OTC clearing mandates, Initial Margin expanded to OTC cleared transactions. Since September 2016, Initial Margin has also been required for non-cleared OTC trades, under BCBS 317. Progressively all financial institutions (*) will be subject to Initial Margin for all derivatives transactions, and this will require banks are faced with both operational and organizational challenges as they need to comply with new IM regulations.
- Strath Lanyon, Director of Professional Services, Asia-Pacific, Calypso Technology
- Rahul Advani, Director - Public Policy, International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA)
- Nnamdi Okaeme, Director - Risk and Capital, International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA)
- Sophie Manhier-Foy, Global Principal Product Manager- Margin and Clearing Risk, Calypso Technology
- What are the Initial Margin rules for uncleared trades?
- What changes should firms expect in terms of ISDA SIMM margin methodology?
- What are the steps required to be ready on time for the compliance date?
- What to expect during the preparation/implementation phase?
Adopting effective collateral management strategies under new regulatory landscape (On Demand)
June 27, 2017 (1 hour)
In this interactive webinar, the speakers discuss the challenges as well as opportunities of the changing regulatory landscape for collateral management in the light of IM and VM.
- O'Delle Burke, Head of Collateral Management APAC, J.P. Morgan
- Fergus Pery, Director at Citi,Global Head of OpenCollateral
- Thomas Hansen, Managing Director, Credit Suisse
- Barry Hadingham, Head of derivatives and counterparty risk, Aviva Investors
- Alan Sheehan, Director, Product Management Collateral Management, Calypso Technology
- Discussing post VM challenges after March 2017 deadline
- Addressing pre-trade and post-trade optimization in collateral management
- Discussing lessons learnt from the first phase of IM and challenges ahead
- Exploring new revenue opportunity and taking advantages of the changing landscape
- Technology deployment options to improve efficiency while reducing the TCO
FRTB: Changing the Game for Financial Institutions
The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a major new regulation that will have profound implications across the banking industry. The new rules include, among other changes, a new definition of the boundary between trading and banking books, the replacement of Value-at-Risk with Expected Shortfall as the basic risk measure for internal models, and a new standardised approach to measuring market risk. FRTB also specifies that model approval and testing should be performed at the “Trading Desk” level and provides some guidelines on how to define this.